Friday, November 4, 2011

Week Three: Leadership Opportunity

This past Wednesday, November 2, my class mate Carlee and I were involved in a Count on Character Contest in the Region 11 TAFE Leadership Conference. For the Count on Character Contest we had to write and illustrate a child's book that portrayed a good value. We chose to write about a boy named Jack who looses his sandwich during recess. Come to find out, it was a little bird who stole his sandwich and him finally admitting that he took it. The value of the story is honesty and friendship, because the bird learned he had to be honest and at the end of the book the bird and Jack become the best of friends.
For the contest Carlee and I had to present the book to judges and make the characters have different voices as we read the book. We thought the book was really awesome and that we would have places, but only 2 books could be picked and we were not. I'm still really pleased how the contest went and now I have a book that I can use in my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment