Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Now that it is the end of the year in my interning class, I've been reflecting on all the goods and bars this year (mainly the good). A poem that describes this year really well is Roller Coaster by Lorraine Courigan. In the poem it talks about nausea, and during my year my "nausea" would probably be this first time I taught a lesson. I was super nervous and thought the students were going to be horrible and everything was going to go wrong. In reality it was one of the best lessons I taught and I got so much confidence out of it! This year really helped me understand that I want to become a teacher, from the students running up to me and hugging me while they tell me they love me, to teaching them and watching them grow. I love teaching and I know that I want to do this as a career. I wouldn't have known this though if it wasn't from the help of my mentor, Mrs. Webster, she's helped me become the teacher I want to become and given me so much good advice about dealing with teaching. One thing that will stick with me that I was told is that the students have to earn their grades, they don't just get handed out to them. I strongly believe in this and will carry it with me forever. If i could go back and change anything, I wouldn't, I loved this year and wouldn't make anything different. I'm really going to miss my intern class and hopefully my first year in teaching with be this awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment