Friday, March 9, 2012

The Ron Clark Story

Ron Clark's story is amazing with what he did with the students in the Inner Harlem School. He created 55 rules to keep order and earn the trust and respect from his misbehaving students. Out of those 55 rules, I believe that having respect for other students, saying sir and mam to an adult, and be the best person you can be are the three most important rules out of those. These three rules are extremely important because they deal with having respect for yourself and for others. In order to be the best person you can be you have to have respect for yourself and others to help you get there, saying sir and mam is just a polite way to show respect to adults. I will carry these three rules throughout my teaching career and also these two other rules:


  1. Absolutely no bullying or putting down of others
  2. Be confident in yourself
I feel like these rules are important to carry along in every classroom for students to abide by. In my classroom I will most definitely use almost all of Ron Clark's 55 rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment