Friday, February 17, 2012

My Involvement in TAFE

This year I have become a very active member in TAFE. At the beginning of the school year in the region TAFE conference, another intern and I got together to co-author a children's book as part as the Count on Character competition. We did not make it to state, but we still have a great children's book to read to our students. Later on in the year, I got elected as the class historian as well as 3 other interns. We were to create a chapter scrapbook that we would present in the State TAFE Conference. After many long hours of work and stress, we were presented with a blue ribbon! I was very proud of myself and I wouldn't change one thing about how that scrapbook was created. As well as entering in the scrapbook, I was also apart of the breakout session we taught called "Are You Pinterested In Teaching?" This break out session had lots of fun teacher activities you can do in your classroom with your students, or teacher appreciation ideas. The State TAFE Conference was very successful and our chapter had a lot of winnings in the competitions!

No comments:

Post a Comment